Research Associate Positions
Applications are invited for two (2) positions of Research Associate under a research project entitled “Sedimentology, geochemistry and provenance of the Proterozoic Salt Range Formation, Pakistan” funded by Higher Education Commission initially for a period of one year extendable to one more year.
The candidate must have the following qualifications
1. BS (4-year degree) or M.Sc. (16 years education) with at least 70% marks or 3 (out of 4) CGPA in Geology/Earth Sciences
2. No 3rd division in academic career.
3. Registered as a full time graduate student leading to MS/Ph D. in Earth/Environmental Sciences
4. Basic knowledge of sedimentological/geochemical modeling using latest computer programs
5. Adequate knowledge of the geological history of Salt Range of Pakistan
The selected candidates will be required to perform research related assignments including, but not limited to, laboratory, field and library work under the supervision of Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI) of the research project
Application on plain paper along with comprehensive CV and two reference letters should be submitted at the following address within seven days of this advertisement. No additional documents or copies of the degrees/diplomas are required at this stage.
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ahmad Farooqui (PI)
Dr. Muhammad Umar (Co- PI), Assistant Professor
Department of Earth Sciences
Room No.F5, F-Block
COMSATS Institute of information Technology,
University Road, Abbottabad.