The program is designed to address the issue of conflict which leads to unfold possibilities of peace and development. The inter-multidisciplinary program provides key insights and strengths from several disciplines in social sciences, humanities and environmental sciences to provide a comprehensive understanding of the multi-faceted phenomena.
The program is started in collaboration with partner universities (Tri-Bhuvan University, Nepal, Ruhana University and Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway
Through a rigorous set of lectures, seminar, research and field work, the graduates strive to impart theoretical, methodological and practical knowledge to operate in a variety of roles at regional, national and international level.
Application and admission
- A minimum of 16 years of education with a Masters degree in Development Studies, Conflict, Peace and Development Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, International Relations, Gender Studies and other relevant disciplines
- A minimum of CGPA 3.00 in the terminal degrees (Semester system) with no third division (annual system) in entire academic career
- International GRE (in any social science subject) or GAT (General) with a score of 50 or above.
- Strong research proposal
- Priority will be given to CUI faculty and staff, female applicants, police/armed forces and disadvantaged/marginalized groups
Interested and eligible applicants are encouraged to contact Incharge Students Affairs Office at CUI Abbottabad by submitting a complete application form along with the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating the reason and motivation for pursuing a Ph.D. in the above topic areas
- Attested copies of past academic records
- Research proposal (4-5 pages, font 12, single space excluding reference) on one of the above or related topics
Applications must be submitted to the Incharge Student Affairs by 27 June 2014. Short-listed candidates will be called for interview. Selected candidate(s) will be registered and enrolled in the Ph.D. program and classes will start from September 2014. In addition to routine admission, fully funded scholarships are also available which will cover all tuition fees, field expenses, monthly stipend and travel to Nepal, Sri Lanka and Norway.
For further information or to submit an application contact:
Bahadar Nawab Khattak, PhD
Associate Professor/Head Department of Development Studies
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Abbottabad
URL: URL: http://ciit-atd.edu.pk
Tel: ++92 992 383591-6