Our mission is to develop the knowledge, talent and leadership to understand the changing Earth and to solve the massive resources and environmental challenges facing the world now and in the decades ahead. Moreover, mission also includes to prepare our graduates to serve academics, environmental protection departments, R&D organizations and NGOs.
The Department of Environmental Sciences is primarily focuses on the development and innovation of environmental techniques, in order to solve complex environmental issues of varying scale, including pollution control (air, soil & water), biodiversity and conservation, natural resources, climate change, clean energy, land use land cover, sustainable agricultural ecology, marine environment and so on. Being a best center for education and research, main aims of the department are….
- To create and effectively disseminate fundamental knowledge about environment, its resources, and the processes by which it changes
- To integrate, synthesize, and apply scientific knowledge to societal problems viz. identification and mitigation of risks posed by natural and anthropogenic hazards, sustainable use of natural resources the consequences of human activities on climate systems and the environment.
- To provide excellent education for future environmentalists and for the general public service to humanity through expansion and dissemination of environmental knowledge
- To prepare candidates for industry and academia for sustainable solutions to environmental problems and implementation of environmental policies through quality teaching and research
- To collaborate with industrial and professional partners to identify current and emerging human-environmental challenges and apply practical and scientific solutions.
Goals & objectives
The department of environmental sciences primarily focuses on the development and innovation of environmental techniques, in order to solve complex environmental issues of varying scale, including pollution control (air, soil & water), climate change, clean energy, sustainable urbanization, Land use land cover, sustainable agricultural ecology and marine environment etc., and so on.
The main aims of department are
- To provide outstanding academic programs that further strengthens our performance, pre-eminence and efficiency in the fields relevant to above-mentioned environmental issues.
- To provide an excellent teaching and learning environment to faculty and students to reach a level that matches the atmosphere prevailing at best universities in the world.
To raise revenues from partnerships, research grants and technology transfer with national & International organizations while strengthening our ability to more effectively invest and allocate resources for education