CUI, Abbottabad Campus launched this new master’s degree programme, to meet the growing demand in the field for highly skilled construction engineering managers. Our curriculum has been thoroughly developed and is specifically designed to cover the knowledge base and skill set required in the modern construction engineering and management profession. The programme is designed for students who want to advance to higher levels of construction management—those who can not only execute the required work but also lead teams and oversee projects.
Completing this Program:
The duration of studies for MS degree shall normally be, not less than two years and not more than four years.
Courses: Topics include core subjects including construction, planning, scheduling, and control, economic decision analysis in construction, contract management, research methods in built environment with elective courses including risk management in construction, construction claims management, human resource management in construction projects, operations management in construction projects health and safety management in construction, project financing, quality management in construction, conflict management and dispute resolution, disaster risk management.
Thesis: Students will be required to submit and defend an original theoretical or practical research thesis.
Requirements to Earn Master of Science Degree
The MS degree consists of the following essential components.
- Prescribed course work
- Research and a dissertation
- A final oral examination
Application and Admission:
This programme is excellent for a variety of professionals and recent college graduates who wish to expand their technical knowledge and field-specific abilities.
If you meet the following criteria, you may be a strong candidate for this new MS programme:
- A mid-career or experienced construction management professional interested in advancing your career.
- A recent graduate of an undergraduate degree at in civil engineering.
- An engineer who plans to take on more responsibility in construction project management and engineering leadership.
- A 16 years degree in civil engineering in relevant field from an accredited institution, with minimum First division (annual system) or CGPA 2.5/4.0 (semester system) and no third division (Annual system) or ‘D’ grade (semester system) throughout academic career.
- NTS GAT (General) with minimum score of 50.
The MS in Construction Engineering and Management CUI is a professional degree, thus your career progression is vital. The establishment of this programme and its curriculum was motivated by strong connections and collaborations with industry. Among the benefits are:
- Our technical courses are career-oriented and practical. Many of these are available in problem-based learning forms, in addition to traditional ones that include lectures, projects, and tests.
- Based on the work they perform throughout the programme, students create project portfolios. These portfolios are useful in the job search process since they emphasise each student’s knowledge base, skill sets, and certifications.
- We emphasize on connection with industry. Guest speakers from businesses and government organisations will expand students’ professional networks and knowledge of the industry. Students will be able to actively participate in engineering initiatives that benefit the public while also developing their abilities.
- We encourage our students to seek professional qualifications and licencing that will help them attain their objectives. LEED certification, Project Management Professional certification, Certified Construction Manager status, and Certified International Project Manager status are examples of such credentials.
- After the completion of post graduate, graduate will have opportunities in potential sectors as arbitrator, building control surveyor, building service engineer, building surveyor, construction manager, estates manager, estimator, fire rist assessor, quantity surveyor, site engineer, sustainability consultant and many more The potential organizations for the job after the completion of post-graduation in construction engineering and management include : Private and Public consultancies, The Urban Unit, Survey of Pakistan, NESPAK, National highway authority, National logistic cell, Oil and gas development company Ltd, Civil Aviation Authority.