Primary Health Care Centre
CIIT Abbottabad houses a fully equipped Medical Centre that has its own Medical Store and a qualified doctor to provide immediate medical care in case of any on-campus emergency. Also, Ayub Teaching Hospital, which is a fully equipped hospital, is a two minutes’ drive from our campus.
The present strength of the center is as under:
- SMO ( Senior Medical Officer)
Duties of SMO
- Provision of First Aid.
- To provide Primary Health Care services to all.
- To promote Health education.
- Counseling & psychological assistance of students.
- Awareness about the preventive measures relating to common Seasonal and deadly diseases by arranging seminars and Vaccination Camps.
- Curative and Diagnostic services.
- Referral services.
- Follow up services.
- Medical cover during Sports.
- Medical cover during seminars, conferences, Convocations and every event of COMSATS.
- Verification of Medical cases.
- Verification of Scholarships Forms.
- Provision of medical fitness certificates for new inductees.
- Minor Emergencies are entertained.
- Serious emergencies are referred to Ayub Teaching Hospital and CMH Abbottabad.
- Referral Services and Liaison with CMH ATD.
- Visits and inspection of Food points.
- Preparation of monthly report.
Stress Reducing Counseling Sessions
- Counseling for Stress reduction is frequently provided to the students in smaller groups at the medical Center.
- Awareness lecture and vaccination camp against Typhoid and Hepatitis.
- Articles in Newsletter on health issues.
- Evaluation of staff.
Duties of Dispenser
- Facilitate SMO in providing First aid.
- Facilitate SMO in emergencies.
- Receiving patients.
- Maintaining vital signs.
- Dispensing medicines prescribe by SMO.
- Dressing ( ASDs).
- Stitching of wounds.
- Provision of injections in emergencies.
- Height and weight record.
- Performing duties in every events and sports.
- Daily and Monthly record keeping of patients.
- Daily and Monthly record keeping of medicines.
Dr. Khalida Mushtaq
Senior Medical Officer