The examinations Section is the backbone of any University. It plays a vital role in the functioning of a university. The Examinations Section of COMSATS University conducts highly reliable examinations with zero tolerance toward COMSATS University. The examinations and evaluation system of COMSATS University contribute to making its degree a benchmark of Quality Education. The Examinations Section also ensures timely preparation of marks certificates, transcripts, provisional certificates, and degrees of undergraduate and graduate students of COMSATS University. The responsibility of this Section is to ascertain that any Degree or Transcript goes out of this university is genuine and is being issued to a person who fulfills all the legal requirements for this purpose. The entire work of the Examinations Section is conducted as per Act, Statutes Rules, and Regulations made therein by the authorities of the university.
Aims and Objectives:
- Command over respective field of work.
- To conduct examinations in peaceful environment and ensure secrecy and transparency of examinations.
- To facilitate the faculty/Staff regarding the academic matters of students and catalyze the process to resolve their problems.
- Keeping record in student’s personal files.
- Verification of last degree of students from their respective boards/ universities
- Issuance of Provisional, Surety Certificate (Only Undergraduate students), Progressive Result Card, Migration Certificate, Incomplete Transcript and Passed Courses Certificates.
- Verification of Courses with Scheme of Studies approved by Academic Council and Board of Studies of respective batches.
- Preparation of Examination schedule/date sheet and room plans.
- Setting up examination centers and making security arrangements for the center.
- Arrangements for Midterm and Terminal Examinations.
- Closely monitoring the activities of Staff and Students during Terminal Exam
- Printing/Photocopying of Midterm and Terminal Examination papers.
- Printing of Exam entry coupons.
- Assigning invigilation duties, Superintendent duties, Deputy Superintendent duties, with the approval of the Campus Director.
- Printing and issuance of 50% and Final Award List to the concerned Faculty members.
- Declaration of Result Notification.
- Forwarding of Final Result Notification/List of Medalist/Pass out students Performa to Principal Seat, for preparation of Merit Certificates and Degrees.
- Getting Degrees/Merit Certificates from Controller of Examination (Principal Seat Office) and handing over to concerned student after submission of CUI Clearance Certificate.
- Process of disputed papers/Unfair Means Cases
- Issuance of Semester Result Cards
- Arranging/Re totaling Final Examination papers in consultation with the concerned teacher /Department.
- Preparation of Data regarding Annual Convocation
- Disposal of Checked Answer Sheets.
- Coordinate with departments including Principal Seat regarding all matters pertaining to Examination.
Examination Team Members:
Ms. Nusrat Rehman
(Additional Controller of Examination)
Mr. Yasir Ali
(Assistant Controller of Examination)
Mr. Munir Hussain
Mr. Munir Ahmad Khan
(Senior Administrative Assistant)
Mr. Sardar Afra Mehtab Khan
(Senior Administrative Assistant)
Mr. Muhammad Shamraiz
Mr. Syed Moien Ud Din Ahmad
Mr. Sajjad Hussain
Mr. Muhammad Irfan